Week 13, Post 2

 I found our textbook to be extremely helpful on the topic of social media advertisements. I think the ads that would make the most sense for me as a freelance photographer would be to use the Friends of Connections Ad on Facebook, targeting location and then depending on if I wanted to promote a specific service or wanted to find an actual staff job at a company, targeting either interests or job titles. I could target interior designers, who always need photos of their projects, or event planning companies. Meanwhile, I'm always looking for opportunities to be employed at companies even while I'm freelancing, and after reading this week's assignment I was surprised and intrigued by the option to create ads on LinkedIn as an individual, to an individual. This is something I will definitely be taking a hard look at in the next several months, as my family will be relocating to the east coast and I will be job searching.
  Pinterest would be another excellent platform on which to place ads if I am selling a certain service, such as engagement photos. Women who are about to be engaged or newly engaged spend all kinds of time on Pinterest, gathering ideas for their upcoming weddings, so having an ad promoting engagement sessions would be perfect. I am not trying to do that sort of photography, but that is a great example of a perfectly matched platform and ad pair. Embarrassingly, I had not thought of this before. Now my wheels are definitely turning!

Comments

Popular Posts