Week 16, Post 1

 When it comes to the question of which of the social media platforms have I enjoyed experimenting with the most with semester, the truth is that for business purposes, I still do not "enjoy" using social media. But this class has inspired me to venture down some new roads and maybe take my humble independent contracting work to new heights.
   I plan to first create and actually employ my first Facebook ads after the end of this semester. I may in fact use one of the ads I created in this class. I have a new product I want to attempt to sell, and I now have the gumption to give Facebook ads a try. Along those same lines, I will likely try to sell the product using Pinterest.
    I think that blogging, Twitter and Instagram would be the other three most helpful platforms for my work, theoretically speaking. Blogging because what I want to be involved in is visual storytelling, and while not very visual, blogging does allow me to practice some storytelling skills. Instagram and Pinterest would be helpful because of how reliant they are on photographs, which is what I create. And Twitter would be helpful in making personal, direct connections. I've chosen to attempt Facebook ads first because of the ability to choose very specific demographics as target markets.
   I need to spend a whole lot more time using social media for my business, but the problem is that I still do not have a solid vision of what I'm doing or where I'm trying to go. So in terms of coming up with a solid plan or schedule, I will only begin with Facebook ads. I need to start small, because right now I only have one solid idea of what to put out there so I am going to start with a Facebook ad and see if it sticks.
     Wednesdays will probably be my new "business" day. Currently it is the day that I spend the most   time on school, so after the semester ends I can fill that time slot (at least three hours) with brainstorming, planning, networking and marketing. Next Wednesday, provided I have the funds, I intend to launch the new ad. Other tasks include making a few calls to mentors and creating a mind map and vision board.

Comments

  1. Its hard to understand what your business is by looking at this and your Facebook page. I think you could expand more as to what you are in business for and what you are offering. It's just too vague.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts