Week 5 Post 2

 My target market is not really the consumer. I have been working as an independent contractor for years, my clients being consumers who need an event photographer or personal photographer, or occasionally a company needing marketing photos. I have made many a promotional video for a small company or nonprofit. I have also contracted for other photographers and held some long-term contract positions for professional sports teams. But my target market is not any of the above.

 My target market these days are the editors at magazines and newspapers, the agents at photo or creative agencies, or the directors of media relations or communications departments at universities or nonprofits that have causes I can get behind. I don't want to work for clients directly anymore...at least not for awhile.

 Another way to say it is that my target demographic is made up of decisions makers in the creative industry.

 

Comments

Popular Posts