Week 9

 When doing my search for organizations and people to follow, I used the search terms
photographer, videographer, creative, pro, nonprofit, seeking photographer, videographer, visual storyteller, multimedia journalist, newspaper, magazine, foundation, humanitarian, and publication. I used the hashtags #creativepro, #photoagency, #socialjustice and #professionalphotography. I was looking for peers to perhaps get inspiration from or collaborate with, or organizations that would need photography or videography for purposes that align with my values and career aspirations.
  I created two lists: photographers and nonprofits, for the reasons stated above. I've had this account for awhile but hadn't added any photos or information to my profile before this assignment, nor had I ever tweeted. But I was following quite a few accounts already. For this assignment I began following a few more organizations that I knew of already, and then as a result of my search for class I stumbled upon humanitarian photographer Molly T. as well as organizations Ashoka, APhotoADay, Documentary Photo, and Journalism Jobs, (which I knew of prior but hadn't thought to follow). I think using lists will be helpful in keeping my eye on the prize, the specific audience I wish to reach most.
  Now begins my journey into the world of Twitter. I just sent my first tweet, which unfortunately had no photo to accompany it. I felt that I should send it anyway, as the subject matter was relevant...I just returned from the Adobe Max conference, which is all about creativity and creative professionals. I tweeted rather late at night, but I think that it might be a good experiment as many people are probably scrolling through their feed in bed before falling asleep. 

Comments

Popular Posts